Who Should Join as an Associate Member?
Clinical—must have a master’s level degree and a state clinical license or equivalent master’s level certification if no clinical licensure is available in their state. Must spend at least 25% of their time providing clinical care to individuals who are at risk for or have a substance use disorder.
• Certified Addictions Registered Nurse (CARN)
• Clinical Nurse Specialist in Psychiatry (Psych-CNS)
• Clinical Psychologists (PhD or PsyD)
• Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD)
• Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
• Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC)
• Nurse Practitioner (NP)
• Physician’s Assistant (PA)
• Registered Nurse (RN)
• Social Workers (certified at the LGSW level or +-higher)
• Other Counseling and Clinical Professionals (eligible if have a master’s degree and a state clinical license or certification*)
* A certificate is accepted if clinical licensure is not available in the applicant’s state.
Research—must have a doctoral degree in one of the following categories. Must spend at least 25% of their time teaching or conducting research on individuals who are at risk for or have a substance use disorder.
• Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD)
• Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS)
• Doctor of Nursing Science (DNP or equivalent)
• Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
• Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM)